Every Tuesday, Wednesday from 2pm till 4pm
The forge is active on two afternoons per week. Forging will be demonstrated and explained. The forge contains all the equipment needed to secure the steel tires around a wagon wheel. In addition, the demonstration includes the forging of a horseshoe. For a nominal fee, a small horseshoe can be made with or without imprint.
Lace making demonstrations
Demonstrations of lacemaking are given on various afternoons.
Demonstration of handicraft techniques
From tuesday, May 9, 2023
Every Tuesday, ladies in traditional Texel costume show various handicraft techniques.
On Wednesday, July 26 and Wednesday, August 23, wood artist Martien van Vliet will give some demonstrations of woodworking, including woodturning.
- Fully suitable for the disabled
- Guided tours
- Puzzle tour for children
- Museum shop with Texel products
- Coffee, tea, fresh with Texel cake
- Parking space (and charging point for electric) bicycle
- Parking for cars and buses within walking distance