Adoration of the Kings

In the course of 2014, the Cultural History Museum Texel acquired the painting The Adoration of the Kings from the Museum Catharijneconvent in Utrecht.

With a subsidy from the Municipality of Texel and contributions from the Texel Fund, Stift and TESO, the panel was restored to its former glory. The entire restoration can be seen in a video presentation.

This panel hung in a prominent place in the Roman Catholic hidden church(s) in Den Burg for several centuries. Generations of Texel residents knew it. When the new modern church was completed in 1863, it was considered old-fashioned and not in keeping with modern times, banished to an attic, discovered there by the founders of the Bishop's Museum in Haarlem and then moved to the Museum Catharijneconvent.

Bekijk de vaste tentoonstellingen

Collectie vaste tentoonstellingen

Image